The NIHFCU is dedicated to the safety, security and privacy of your accounts. We also recognize that ID theft continues to be an ongoing concern for all consumers. Below is a list of important information and credit union tools you should consider to both limit your exposure to ID theft and steps to take if you unfortunately fall victim.
Obtain and thoroughly review your credit report.
- You can request a free copy of your credit report from each of the major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion) once a year. Visit www.annualcreditreport.com.
Setup Account Alerts to stay updated on your account activity
- Receive account alerts by email or text message when specific activity occurs
- Customize your alerts to notify you of specific transactions, cleared checks and account balances.
- Online Banking users can get started by logging into their account and then selecting "Email and Text Alerts" under the 'Other Services' tab
Get our free Mobile App
- Download our free Mobile App today to check your balances and transactions on the go. Our Mobile App is available for iPhone, Android Phone, iPad, Android tablet and Kindle devices.
- To download our Mobile App or learn more about mobile and text banking, click here.
Free identity theft tools and counseling
If you believe you may be the victim of fraud:
Notify your financial institutions immediately. To report suspected fraud on your NIHFCU accounts, call 800.877.6440 or stop by any branch.
- To report fraudulent activity on an NIHFCU credit card, call 800.558.3424.
- To report fraudulent activity on an NIHFCU debit or ATM card, call 800.877.6440 or stop by any branch and complete complete Affidavit of Fraudulent Use of a Debit or ATM Card (PDF). To change your PIN at any time, call our automated hotline at 866.985.2273.
Request a Credit/Security Freeze:
Placing a credit freeze on your credit report helps block fraudsters from opening new accounts in your name by restricting access to your credit files. You will need to contact each credit bureau and fees may apply.
Free Identity Theft Tools and Counseling
Visit our free BALANCE Financial Fitness program for additional online identity theft tools and access to free, certified financial counseling via phone or web chat.