For growing your money with a guaranteed fixed rate of return, a Certificate Account is hard to beat. Your NIH Federal Credit Union rate is locked in when it is opened – eliminating the volatility inherent in other investments. Click here
for IRA Certificates.
Online account opening now available!
Current members with online banking can open a Certificate online. Click here
for further information and to access online banking.
Certificate Account Features
- Savings option that typically earns the highest rate of return
- Open with as little as $500. Open with $10,000 or more for an even higher yield.
- Lock in a guaranteed rate of return for a variety of terms between 3 - 60 months.
- Most certificates are available as Traditional or Roth IRAs.
- Add-on Certificate
Add funds to into your existing certificate, as often as you would like. Available for a term of 15 months.
- Bump-Up Certificate
Increase your certificate rate if rates rise during your certificate term. Available on 15 month term (one  bump-up allowed) and on 30 month term (two  bump-ups allowed).
| Express Funds Privilege
As an NIHFCU certificate holder, you can receive immediate check funds and avoid a check hold on checks with amounts equal to or less than half of your current NIHFCU certificate balance.* For example, if you have a $10,000 certificate. Your Express Fund Privilege would allow you to avoid check holds on any check you deposit at NIHFCU up to $5,000.
* Maximum Express Funds Privilege is $50,000. Program subject to change without notice. Other Restrictions apply.