Traditional Certificate Accounts
For growing your money with a guaranteed fixed rate of return, a Certificate Account is hard to beat. Your NIH Federal Credit Union rate is locked in when it is opened – eliminating the volatility inherent in other investments.
Certificate Account Features
|Certificate Account Details:
- Savings option that typically earns the highest rate of return
- Open a certificate with as little as $500. Open with $10,000 or more for an even higher yield.
- Lock in a guaranteed rate of return for a variety of terms between 3 - 60 months.
- Most certificates are also available as Traditional or Roth IRAs.
- Increase your certificate rate by 0.25% with direct deposit or a monthly reoccurring payment of $1,000 or more to a qualified NIHFCU account.
- See Rates
Add funds to into your existing certificate, as often as you would like. Available for a term of 15 months. Requires a $500 opening deposit ($10,000+ earns a higher rate). Must be requested via a Certificate Request form.
Increase your certificate rate if rates rise. This is available one time during the certificate term. Available on 15 month term (one  bump-up allowed) and on 30 month term (two  bump-ups allowed). Must be requested via a Bump-Up form; NIHFCU will not make automatic increases.
|Express Funds Privilege
As an NIHFCU certificate holder, you can receive immediate check funds and avoid a check hold on checks with amounts equal to or less than half of your current NIHFCU certificate balance.* For example, if you have a $10,000 certificate. Your Express Fund Privilege would allow you to avoid check holds on any check you deposit at NIHFCU up to $5,000.
* Maximum Express Funds Privilege is $50,000. Program subject to change without notice. Other Restrictions apply.
Program subject to change without notice. Other restrictions apply.
|Additional Free Features to help you keep in touch with your money
||Stay in touch with your money from anywhere in the world, anytime using any of our latest technologies.
- Online Banking: Check balances, transfer funds, pay bills online, get balance alerts and more in real time, anytime.
- Check View: View digital copies of cleared checks online.
- e-Statements: Get your monthly statement delivered electronically.
- FinanceWorks: Your personal money management assistant.
||Real answers from real people – all day, everyday by calling us toll-free at 800.877.6440.
||Automated round-the-clock phone access to your accounts by calling 800.900.0644.
||More than 4,000+ shared branches nationwide - it's like having an NIHFCU branch everywhere you go - with no service charges. Learn more.
Not a Member?
|Ready to Become a Member
|NIH Federal Credit Union offers membership to those that are in the biomedical and healthcare industry. When you become a member of the NIHFCU, you are immediately eligible to enjoy financial opportunities and privileges that save both time and money. Membership is a benefit that you can share with your family by sponsoring them to have a membership with NIHFCU.
Still have questions?
NIHFCU accounts are federally insured up to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, a United States government agency. IRAs are insured separately up to $250,000. For additional details, click here.