NIH Federal Credit Union with more than $550 million in assets is currently seeking a highly-qualified and energetic individual for a Core Systems Analyst.
The Core Systems Analyst (CSA) will provide support for the Core financial system and related systems and applications. The CSA will support the activities of the IT Department and Help Desk, coordinating required service and technical support for “Core-based” systems, and utilizing system and organizational knowledge to facilitate problem resolution. The CSA functions as administrator of databases and facilitates reporting using available software tools. The CSA may also serve as lead and/or primary technical resource for special projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages day-to-day operations of the Credit Union's core financial application (Fiserv Spectrum) and related systems, monitoring these systems and ensuring that they are running effectively.
- Administers and monitors the job scheduling system (Automic/UC4) to ensure successful completion of routine scheduled tasks.
- Serves as database administrator (primarily SQL Server and Eloquence), ensuring procedures are developed for ensuring the security and integrity of data.
- Resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data related issues.
- Designs, develops, and modifies custom reports and application enhancements using available software tools - SQL Server, Suprtool, VisImage, Visual Studio, etc.
- Coordinates required services and technical support for UNIX and LINUX-based systems under management. Functions as a UNIX\LINUX resource with proficiency in system tuning and shell scripting.
- Administers, maintains, and provides application support of the document management (EDM) system, ensuring that processes are in place for the proper storage and retrieval of archived documents.
- Supports the activities of the Help Desk as a Tier-3 resource. Monitors Help Desk records to be sure that relevant user requests are addressed, escalated as appropriate, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Performs root cause analysis and decision making with regard to critical client and team member tickets and issues.
- Coordinates with vendors on the upgrade and maintenance of supported systems, including but not limited to, database and application patches, version upgrades, configurations, test environments, operating systems and conversions.
- Functions as administrator of security for all systems under management, and ensures that a user maintenance policy is in place.
- Ensures strict adherence to policy and procedures for maintaining backups and off-site storage for application data.
- Serves as a member of the Disaster Recovery Team. Duties include revising contingency plans, preparation and maintenance of the hot site, facilitation of all tests, as well as other related business continuity tasks.
- Works closely with all levels of management and team staff in all departments to identify, and assist end-users in meeting corporate business objectives.
- Develops and administers project plans as assigned.
- Updates and maintains appropriate policies and procedures for supported application systems, in adherence to internal audit and risk management guidelines.
- Access Member or Associate personal and financial information only as required by the job. Maintain the confidentiality and security of all Member or Associate personal and financial.
- Ensure that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established NIHFCU policies, procedures, and practices, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Attend all BSA training or completes and passes all online BSA training tests as applicable.
- Report to the position supervisor, the Security Officer, the Audit/Compliance Manager, Human Resources Manager or to the complaint vendor any actual or suspected fraud or financial dishonesty or wrong-doing involving Member transactions, Associates, or NIHFCU.
- The incumbent is required to work either on site or remotely outside of normal work hours to meet processing schedules and to execute maintenance and upgrades of mission critical systems and hardware. Considered to be on call “24 X 7”.
- Perform other related work as assigned and initiative using available resources to achieve established goals.
- The ability to be bonded
Special Support Requirement
The team member is required to work either on site or remotely outside of normal work hours to meet processing schedules and to execute maintenance and upgrades of mission critical systems and applications. Additionally, the incumbent is on call 24 X 7.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A BS in an information technology discipline is strongly desired.
- Experience in Banking Core platform (FiServ Spectrum) is strongly preferred.
- Experience in application development/programming using current and legacy versions of Visual Basic and C#.
- Additional training in systems, applications and tool sets are required to support the current core and operational environment. This requirement is assessed annually for facilitate a training plan.
- A+/Net+ certifications preferred.
- Requires a minimum of five years’ experience working with various functions of operating client server technology and peripheral equipment in an operations center.
- Knowledge of data processing procedures and familiarity with financial institution operations.
- Ability to comprehend and perform duties independently.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational & communication skills.
- PC skills should include strong hardware and software knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems.
- Familiarity with project planning methodology.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks/multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate outstanding initiative.
- Possess and demonstrate outstanding people skills.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to research/recommend/implement new technologies, ideas, and concepts in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with all staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a team environment.
REQUIRED COMPLIANCE COURSES
Ensure that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established NIHFCU policies, procedures, and practices, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA). Attend all required training or complete and pass all online required training courses as applicable.
Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language and understand basic instructions, correspondence and emails.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of the United States Dollar (USD). Ability to calculate figures and amounts and work with statistical concepts.
Ability to understand and carry out basic instructions.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990 (ADA) and its AMENDMENTS ACT OF 2008 (ADAAA) SPECIFICATIONS
Perform primary sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in an emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer sitting for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in a climate-controlled private office with minimal noise.
MENTAL AND/OR EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to perform job functions independently and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to plan and direct the work activities of self and others. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate the highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising the highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
This is a Full-time position with competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply I Benefits